The team and I are so, so excited to introduce you to the brand new online home of Creative at Heart!! It’s pretty perfect, isn’t it?
For the past few weeks, I’ve been working alongside Megan Martin Creative to create an online home that speaks to C@H’s new outlook and vision. What started as new website quickly became a refreshed brand AND a new website! I was just as surprised as you might be that a refreshed brand was needed, but after completing a brand questionnaire with Megan, and having some in depth brand vision conversations with her & Lauren Carnes, I knew it was time. (Our current brand has been steadfast for over 4 years – it’s only natural that as our mission has grown, our brand needed to, too!)
One of the biggest differences in this refreshed look is our use of color! We decided that while we L O V E our signature light pink, we needed to shake things up just a tiny bit! We picked a beautiful, warmer shade of pink to mix in with our signature color… and also landed on yellow & blue hues! If you know Megan, you know she’s the queen of color so it’s no surprise she brought out the color-lover in C@H, too!! What may come to a surprise is the deeper meaning these new colors have; Megan explained them so well to me when we were in the branding process, and I want to share them with you, too:
- Yellow: Interestingly enough, yellow has appeared throughout our conferences specifically in decor floral arrangements. It is literally and metaphorically a ‘natural’ fit. If you research the psychology of yellow, you’ll find it is the brightest color of the visible spectrum, and it is the most noticeable of all colors by the human eye. It means happiness and optimism; it is the color of sun shining, or bright light and creativity. … It is the color of high energy, enthusiasm, hope, fun, and cheerfulness. That meaning resonates with me and my overall prayer for the brand – I want C@H to be a shining example of community paired with education; a space for creativity to flourish & a cheerful, open-door-policy home for so many!
- Blue: If we look at C@H in real life – AKA our conference imagery – the blue tone of chambray is also very present… even if we never intended it to be!! The blue tones tend to bring all the girly things down to earth. The whitespace paired with yellow & hints of blue create a sense of welcome belonging (which is huge for the “Family” aspect of our brand!). On the psychology side, blue is often seen as a sign of stability and reliability. As soon as I read this, I knew we needed blue to be a part – even if it’s subtle. Our new blue shade gives a sweet nod to how we’ve built a family atmosphere at our events & our alumni continue to come back, year after year.
- Pink: And, of course, our signature color! We wouldn’t be “Creative at Heart” without the pink @ symbol we all know and love (and I have tattooed on my wrist!)! The psychology behind the color pink tells us that pink can symbolize sweet, nice, playful, cute, romantic, charming, feminine, and tenderness. So many of those words are the true heart behind our annual conference and overall brand mission. Calmer shades of pink are thought to resonate with female strength; whereas deeper shades can embody confidence. I love that we now have both of those represented in our brand colors – showing the world a creative, caring space that highlights strength & confidence as entrepreneurs in the creative industry.
Along with the new colors, there are few other fun, new things I want to make sure you see:
- What’s Your Creative Personality is our interactive quiz I’ve been SO excited to share! Like most of you, I’m a big fan of Enneagram, StrengthsFinders & MyersBriggs; this is our way of putting a creative-spin on them!! I hope you love it, too, and can’t wait to hear which creative personality type you are!
- Tyler & Ashley Herrinton created a brand new Welcome Film for us and gosh, y’all, in typical “Kat” fashion I get tear-y eyed every time I watch it!! (And I’ve watched it several dozen times!) 😉 Before you leave, be sure to watch it here!
- There’s another fun addition on the About page I’ll be telling you more about this fall!! Any guesses what Creative 24/7 will be?! 🙂
- Megan also created the perfect space for our online Resources!! I’m partial to our book list – both for the heart & for the head. We also have an Educator Spotlight section we’ll be updating every quarter; our hope is that we can point you towards quality, uplifting & practical content.
- There’s a heart on our homepage that’s an nod to our old logo. It’s a hidden gem I love that Megan looped in! Can you find it?!
- And lastly, I hope you check out our new Meet the Team section- biz quiz style! Emily, Matt and I had a lot of fun with that section!
All in all, our refreshed brand and website feel like a breath of fresh air. A sunny yellow, steady blue & confident pink breath of fresh air! 🙂 It’s the first *big* step towards the future of C@H. Whether it’s our annual conference or our newest adventure – Creative 24/7 – we’re truly a home away from home for creative businesses of all industries, backgrounds & caffeine-levels … and this online space is the perfect virtual home to do it all, together.:)
Tell me in the comments – what’s your favorite “room” in our new home?!